[Global_industry_committee] HITRUST

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Mon Oct 11 03:03:18 EDT 2010

Lorna,

UnitedHealth Group are part of http://www.hitrustalliance.net/council.php

As far as I am aware (i.e. I could be wrong) HITECH (i.e. *not*
HITRUST) is the recent amendment to HIPAA.

That stated, http://www.hitrustalliance.net/commonsecurityframework/
appears (i.e. I could be wrong) to be a "turnkey" governance framework
for the healthcare industry for both HIPAA and HITECT and other
governance frameworks i.e. COBIT, PCI, ISO 27001 and incorporates an
independent assessment process i.e.
http://www.hitrustalliance.net/assessors/

I have a friend in Australia who is the Australian security manager
for a US Healthcare Provider not listed on
http://www.hitrustalliance.net/council.php - I am more then willing to
approach him for an independent view on HITRUST if this would be of
value?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich