[Global_industry_committee] Draft Response of DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability available for comment

Alexander Fry alexander.fry at owasp.org
Sun Nov 21 15:54:41 EST 2010

Hi Colin:

I combined your response and Lorna's responses for question 7. I think her
response to question 7 didn't specify a conformance level but your response
said " At Conformance Level AA, no." I think the answer to the question
could either be: A) These distinct or specialized features used on Web sites
render compliance with Conformance Level AAA difficult or impossible. OR B)
These distinct or specialized features used on Web sites render compliance
with accessibility requirements in general difficult or impossible - and not
mention conformance levels. If we specify a conformance level, we have to do
some rigorous checking of our answer. I cc'ed Lorna to get her input here.

The response doesn't have to be submitted per question. At regulations.gov,
it allows for a 2000 character submission or a document to be attached. Per
question just reflects our workflow. I think we should submit all the
questions and answers together because that is how the Agency solicited the
information and either put the OWASP Introductory information like it is now
at the beginning or at the end. What have we done with prior submissions?

Thanks,

Alex