[Global_industry_committee] OWASP Financial Services SIG

fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
Wed Jan 27 10:19:52 EST 2010

I could make it 8AM EST which is 1PM GMT.... anyone else would like to
join? thanks!

Fabio Cerullo
Divisional Information Security
Bankcentre D1,
Ballsbridge,
Dublin 4,
Ireland.

Tel: +353 1 772 6309
Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

Joe Bernik <bernik at gmail.com>
27/01/2010 14:06

        To:     fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
        cc:     Global_industry_committee
<Global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org>, Jerry Kickenson
<jerry.kickenson at verizon.net>, Jim Routh <routh3742 at gmail.com>
        Subject:        Re: OWASP Financial Services SIG

Fabio,

Sounds good, I am available next February 4th from 8-10 am EST.

Joe

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:43 AM, <fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> wrote:

This is great! I really like to see this working... so let's have a
meeting (probably next week)?

I'm in GMT zone so please let me know your location and I will coordinate
the conf call bridge.

Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

"Joe Bernik" <bernik at gmail.com>
27/01/2010 01:21

        To:        "'Jerry Kickenson'" <jerry.kickenson at verizon.net>,
"'Jim Routh'" <routh3742 at gmail.com>, <fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie>
        cc:        "Global_industry_committee" <
Global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org>

Jim and Fabio,

I could  use your guidance and collaboration on this effort.

Perhaps we can have a quick call to formalize our approach and potential
topics. Ultimately it would be great to coordinate with the Summit in
Sweden in June

I would love to have all the CISO’s discuss emerging trends in the AppSec
space and then take questions from the attendees in Sweeden.

Just some thoughts.

Joe

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:44:40 +0000
From: Colin Watson <colin.watson at owasp.org>
Subject: Re: [Global_industry_committee] Global Industry committee
        meeting
To: Joe Bernik <bernik at gmail.com>,    Global_industry_committee
        <Global_industry_committee at lists.owasp.org>

Hi Joe

That sounds of interest.  Is it worth writing up some notes proposing
its scope, objectives and the resources required?  It's often down to
us as individuals to do the legwork.

Colin

2010/1/19 Joe Bernik <bernik at gmail.com>:

> Gents,
>
> I listened to the recording of the committee call over the weekend.
>
> I would be happy to assist in coordinating a CISO panel if the committee

> would like.
>
> I believe I can get a handful of CISO's fro the FS sector to attend.
>
> Joe

End of Global_industry_committee Digest, Vol 13, Issue 11

LinkedIn
Jim Routh has sent you a message.
Date: 1/25/2010
I sent this on December 3rd but it must have been bounced...Jerry,

Here this is what I prepared. Feel free to cc Joe and me on your message
to Tom.

PURPOSE:

The purpose of the OWASP Financial Services Sub Group is to define and
rank requirements from the industry for OWASP to address and consider as
projects to support the maturation of software security practices for the
industry.

APPROACH:

The Financial Services SIG will reach out to selected leaders in software
security programs and facilitate a consensus based process for defining
requirements and priorities for potential OWASP project work that will
directly benefit financial service firms. The initial deliverable from
this SIG will be a list of potential project requirements in rank order
with descriptive information available for each one.

ASSUMPTION:

OWASP has been a vital and essential part of the promotion of best
practices in software security and growing the awareness of the need for
mature software security practices among the development community. This
effort will produce a list of potential project requirements that reflect
the financial service industry's needs to improve awareness and
capabilities leveraged by software developers through OWASP projects and
engagement.

Regards,
Jim

Please give me your email address.

On 01/19/10 2:59 PM, Jerry. Kickenson wrote:
--------------------
Jim,

Hope you had a great holiday.

Do you think you'll have time to draft a mission/purpose statement for the
OWASP financial services SIG we can pass by Tom? I can probably make some
time over the next week or so if you are too busy.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Jerry
View/reply to this message

Don't want to receive e-mail notifications? Adjust your message settings.
© 2010, LinkedIn Corporation

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the
addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks
p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial Regulator.
 Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1
6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173