[Global_industry_committee] Global Industry Committee - Report to OWASP Board - January 2009

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Thu Jan 14 08:32:26 EST 2010

Hi,
I have looked at the minutes and would like your opinions on the OIO OWASP
Indistry Outreach idea?
I totally agree biggest challenge is traction and acquiring delegates, but
if we don't interface with industry how are we meant to move away from a
"think tank" to an industry influence.

Re approach we need to get a list of "decision makers" we all personally
know (contacts committee should be able to help with this) and contact them
directly.
I have talked to a number of financial institutions and they were both
interested, both of them actually attend an annual e-crime summit in Europe
every year.

So, I know this is a risk but its one I believe we should take or even
partially take.

Should we partner with WASC or DHS (US) on this issue?

What I believe the next steps are is to get committee & board approval and
start harvesting contacts. Tom B's CRM system may be the place to do this
also.

Suggestions etc?

Eoin

--