[Global_industry_committee] GIC _v2.0

Marco M. Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:15:42 EDT 2010

Eoin

I think an OWASP AppSec survey is a great idea and can be an opportunity
for:

1)      gauge IS  management awareness of application and software security
related to different industry sectors

2)      understand the CISOs motives for software/application security
initiatives adoption within a give organization such as 1) are due to
previous exposure/impact of data breaches and fraud due to exploit of OWASP
T10 vulnerabilities 2) compliance, 3) recommendation from analysts 4)
engineering defect management cost/efficiencies

3)      assess, at high level, the maturity of software and application
security practices within the organization, which software security
activities are implemented in the SDLC , how and where

4)      understand strategic and tactical goals and how these match with IS
and Risk  Management metric and measurements are used by different
organization

5)      survey how critical training/awareness, processes and tools are for
application security programs and how OWASP can help in these

6)      survey on the importance of software assurance as related to
validation of industry and compliance specific software verification
requirements and how these can be map to OWASP ASVS

7)      understand how OWASP projects can best align with corporate Appsec
and SoftwareSec programs/initiatives for different sectors and the best
roadmap for the adoption of these

A few ideas fueled by my early morning espresso, cheers

Marco

bernik at gmail.com
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 10:35 AM
To: Eoin; global_industry_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org; Yiannis
Pavlosoglou
Cc: OWASP Foundation Board List; Global_industry_committee

I like this idea. Could be very helpful in steering our efforts.

Joe

Sent from my BlackBerry device from Cincinnati Bell Wireless

--
Eoin Keary
OWASP Global Board Member

Sent from my i-Transmogrifier