[Global_industry_committee] GIC _v2.0

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Mon Aug 9 09:13:51 EDT 2010

Yiannis,
I have been moved to the Connections comittee but I still believe Industry
is where OWASP can "win big".

One idea I have on my proposal list is an the OWASP Annual Application
Security Survey. (OAASS)

I would like a medium length survey to be send to CIO's, Technical Leads,
Lead Developers, Project Managers etc in order to understand their viewpoint
on AppSec in general, where are they seeing the major issues, be it a skills
issue or financial or other.

(in order to get a decent amount of responses) Respondents would get a free
ticket to a local/regional OWASP event for doing the survey. we could grow
this into inviting them to an Industry summit if this takes off??

1.Primary task to do is develop/define questions which actually capture the
topics we wish to focus on.: A mix of OWASP specific and App Sec/dev generic
questions would be required

2. Identify respondents and contact them such that we are not sending them
unsolicited survey requests.

-ek

--
Eoin Keary