[Global_industry_committee] Fwd: Invitation to endorse AusCERT2010

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Thu Apr 15 02:45:55 EDT 2010

Hi Christian

(I have replied to you and the GIC list only as I'm not sure who all
the other people are, but feel free to forward this on)

My personal view is that this is more of a brand-usage issue than
anything else.  AusCERT is a good body to engage with, but endorsement
of their conference sounds a significant step.  To be honest, the
OWASP Board and possibly the Conferences Committee may have more
guidance, but I think OWASP is quite sensitive about using its name in
this way unless it is a major partner in the organisation, running and
control of the conference.  Issues might arise that OWASP has no
control over, yet it has "endorsed".

Perhaps a carefully timed OWASP meeting/get-together in a venue nearby
the conference would suffice?

Regards

Colin