[Global_industry_committee] FW: Global Advisory Board Proposal

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Fri Jul 10 14:01:35 EDT 2009

Dhruv didn’t think this message got to the groups.  Here is his reply.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road

Suite 300

Columbia, MD  21046

301-275-9403

kate.hartmann at owasp.org

From: "Kate Hartmann"
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:55:16 -0400
To: 'Tom Brennan' <mailto:tomb at owasp.org> <tomb at owasp.org>; 'OWASP Foundation Board List' <mailto:owasp-board at lists.owasp.org> <owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>

Tom and committee,

Dhruv in India has sent me the following information……

“We intend to form a nation wide OWASP India advisory board to include somewhere around 20-25 CXOs from fortune 500 companies.  I was thinking to get another chapter page setup as OWASP India....so that advisors shouldn't find themself limited at OWASP Delhi page.  These guys are like CISO for Microsoft APAC, Barklays bank, Fideilty, IBM etc. So I want to make it look to them as in they are advisor to OWASP India rather to a small Delhi based chapter….I think it would be highly helpful in gaining quick visibility and manage the event promotion quickly and easily.  Like in India, if we have 25 CXOs on advisory board then in every conference we just need to contact these people only for sponsorship or delegates nomination.  Less efforts and better results.”

I believe this would be a proposal for the industry committee to review.  I am happy to provide any assistance.

Kate Hartmann

OWASP Operations Director

9175 Guilford Road

Suite 300