[Global_education_committee] [OCC] Proposal of a new OWASP Supporter Type - Government Supporter

Lucas Ferreira listas at sapao.net
Thu Feb 23 15:14:15 UTC 2012

James,

from my experience with the Brazilian government, there are lots of gov
folks producing openly accessible documentation such as standards and
sectorial recommendations. Exchanging experiences and materials with these
guys can be beneficial for OWASP and for them too, IMHO.

There are also the more secretive agencies, and these usually do not share.
But they usually won't want to be openly involved with OWASP either. On
another hand, since the OWASP ESAPI team seems to have a good experience in
interacting with the NSA, maybe I'm wrong.

In summary, there are parts of governments that can and will share
knowledge and documents. We should focus on these.

Best regards,

Lucas

--
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.