[Global_education_committee] Google Summer of Code

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Thu Feb 16 12:53:07 UTC 2012

Jason,

Looking at the FAQ it seems that there are a few questions that need
to be answered in order to become accepted as an organization.

Could you please provide me with the following info (probably you
answered these already)?

1) Describe your organization. << I think I could figure that one out ;-)
2) Why is your organization applying to participate in Google Summer
of Code 2012? What do you hope to gain by participating?
3) Did your organization participate in past Google Summer of Codes?
If so, please summarize your involvement and the successes and
challenges of your participation.
4) If your organization has not previously participated in Google
Summer of Code, have you applied in the past? If so, for what year(s)?
5) What Open Source Initiative approved license(s) does your project use?
6) What is the URL for your Ideas page? << I will create one similar
to the one you created.
7) What is the main development mailing list for your organization?
8) What is the main IRC channel for your organization?
9) Does your organization have an application template you would like
to see students use? If so, please provide it now.
10) Who will be your backup organization administrator?
11) What criteria did you use to select your mentors for this year's
program? Please be as specific as possible.
12) What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?
13) What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?
14) What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with
your project's community before, during and after the program?
15) Are you a new organization who has a Googler or other organization
to vouch for you? If so, please list their name(s) here.
16) Are you an established or larger organization who would like to
vouch for a new organization applying this year? If so, please list
their name(s) here.

Thanks,

Fabio