[Global_education_committee] Java/J2EE secure development curriculum

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Sat Feb 4 17:42:58 UTC 2012

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your volunteer efforts.  OWASP has many of training opportunities for you to deliver course material (the platform) yourself or in tandem with a "trainer" and there is a split between the training provider and the conference.  There are CFP for trainers is happening all over the world during OWASP conferences, see each and submit:  https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference and dedicated educational outreach efforts.

Course outline is a important first step, course materials and  delivery to the attending student is the other 75% good luck on your endeavor and kudos to the GEC and its members that have helped you.

-Brennan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Anthony Gottlieb <anthony.gottlieb at owasp.org>
> Date: February 4, 2012 9:25:45 AM EST
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Tony Gottlieb here from the OWASP GEC.  Attached is a Java/J2EE secure development curriculum that I have authored.  Among the positive reviewers are Jim Manico and the Cigital GSS, which Dr. McGraw assures me is a very rare event.  My GEC chair, Martin Knobloch is going to post it to the contributors page as part of the education project.  As you know, acceptance of software assurance by the software development community has been slow.  But one day, for one reason or another, a population large enough to have education needs that are equal to a full curriculum like this one will need to be serviced.  All of the classes in this curriculum are 5-days reflecting a stronger interest in skills development by educators than by those who throw 1 or 2 day classes.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Tony

Semper Fi,

Tom Brennan