[Global_education_committee] OWASP Greece - OWASP Training Session

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Mon Mar 28 14:39:53 EDT 2011

Kostas,

For your information I have set this
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Greece/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_
you_can_use_TODAY page up. Please note that all the information can be
changed and it is only there to exemplify.

As for the methodology to push this issue forward I would say that, since we
have an approved budget, respect the Training Concept and OWASP Values, we
can freely decide on operational matters. Nevertheless, I also suggest we
carbon copy Projects, Education and Board on the relevant issues.

I propose we firstly select contents/projects we will use and thereafter we
choose trainers. I propose we use a travel agency to deal directly with the
selected people to deliver training and also propose we use the same company
we used in past to support similar operations. i.e Diplomata Tours. I am
proposing so because it can avoid us loads of admin work. As we did in the
past, we could instruct this travel agency to always look for the best deal
in terms of prices, previously set up a maximum cost per individual, share
with them a Google doc to oversee the costs and push to them the work of
dealing with all the operations regarded hotels, flights and transfers.  At
the end we would only pay a bill previously known.

As for the total cost, a precise estimate is difficult to produce as the
main cost we usually have is the one with flights and therefore the final
bill will depend of the origin of the invited trainers. That being said, I
would say that between 2000/2500 Euros would make possible a training
session restricted to European trainers and roundly 4000/5000 Euros would
allow the inclusion of trainers with other departures. On top of that, if
the OWASP Greek community could provide a few private accommodations and we
could find people available to engage in this arrangement, it would
certainly lower the costs.

Please glance at here http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Training for a
broaden knowledge in terms of training practices and resources.

Please drop me a line and let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,

- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra,

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Paulo_Coimbra> OWASP Project Manager