[Global_education_committee] [Global_conference_committee] OCMS: New event "Metasploit Half-day Training"

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Mar 17 10:38:27 EDT 2011

We haven't determined pricing yet, but it should be a nominal fee or
possibly even free.  Regardless, I have no issues with taping it as long as
Raphael is cool with it.  I'll ask him.

BTW, I don't think I'm on the Education Committee mailing list so you may
need to forward this so that others can see it.

Sincerely,

Josh Sokol (CISSP, CCNA, GWAS)
Information Security Program Owner
National Instruments

From:    Fabio Cerullo <fcerullo at owasp.org>
To:    Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org>
Cc:    global_conference_committee at lists.owasp.org,
global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
Date:    03/17/2011 05:24 AM
Subject:    Re: [Global_conference_committee] [Global_education_committee]
OCMS: New event "Metasploit Half-day Training"
Sent by:    global_conference_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org

hi guys,

is this going to be a free event? if so, can we tape it so we could share it
with the rest of OWASP?

thanks,

Fabio

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org>
wrote:
I agree.  I'm not sure this is our lane.  Copying education people.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Lucas Ferreira <lucas.ferreira at owasp.org>
wrote:
Isn't this something the Education Committee should handle?

Lucas

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 16:24, OWASP Conference System <
conferences at owasp.org> wrote:
Global Conferences Committee,

A new event "Metasploit Half-day Training" on 2011-06-17 to 2011-06-17 has
been submitted for review.  Additional details are below:

Type: Partner Event
Venue: TBD
Event URL: http://austin.owasp.org/
Host Chapter: Austin

I have been working with the President of the Capital of Texas ISSA chapter
to put together a half-day training event on Metasploit.  The details
haven&#39;t been completely worked out yet, but I have Raphael Mudge,
creator of the Metasploit Armitage GUI coming to assist.  Also working with
Rapid7 to possibly get others involved like HD Moore and Andres.

http://ocms.owasptools.org/events/20

Regards,
The OCMS System

--