[Global_education_committee] FW: AppSec EU - Dublin CFT/CFP and Registration

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Tue Mar 15 09:18:20 EDT 2011

Group, I occasionally get these type of questions.  What would the education
committee suggest as a “path of knowledge?”

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org

To: owasp-all at lists.owasp.org
Subject: AppSec EU - Dublin CFT/CFP and Registration

Registration is OPEN!!!  Follow the link for information on Early Bird
Pricing!

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2011#tab=Registration

_______________

OWASP is currently soliciting training & presentation proposals for the
OWASP AppSec Europe 2011 Conference which will take place at Trinity College
Dublin in Ireland, on June 6th through June 10th 2010. There will be
training courses on June 6th, 7th and 8th followed by plenary sessions on
the 9th and 10th with each day having at least three tracks.

Call for Training

We are seeking training proposals on the following topics (in no particular
order):

§  Security in Web 2.0, Web Services/XML

§  Advanced penetration testing

§  Static analysis for security

§  Threat modeling of applications

§  Secure coding practices

§  Security in J2EE/.NET patterns and frameworks

§  Application security with ESAPI

§  OWASP tools in practice

We will look favorably on laboration-based/hands-on training.

Call for Presentations

We are seeking people and organizations that want to present on any of the
following topics (in no particular order):

§  Business Risks with Application Security.

§  Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs.

§  Web Services-, XML- and Application Security.

§  Metrics for Application Security.

§  Application Threat Modeling.

§  Hands-on Source Code Review.

§  Web Application Security Testing.

§  OWASP Tools and Projects.

§  Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET).

§  Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage

§  Web Application Security countermeasures

§  Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc.

§  Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security.

Submission Deadline and Instructions

Submission deadline is Sunday April 3 23:59 (GMT).

To submit your proposal please fill out the form here:
<http://www.easychair.org/conferences/submission_new.cgi?a=c0b760808bfd>
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/submission_new.cgi?a=c0b760808bfd

Please specify in the form whether you are submitting a Training or a
Presentation proposal. Eg. Title: "Training - Introduction to Web
Application Security"

Only for Training Proposals
To submit your training proposal please fill out the
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:OWASP_AppSec_Europe_2011_Call_for_Train
ing.docx> File:OWASP AppSec Europe 2011 Call for Training.docx and attach it
while filling out the online form.

Upon acceptance you'll be requested to fill out the Training Instructor
Agreement where you'll find details on revenue split etc. The agreement will
be reworked but the previous one is here:
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:Training_Instructor_Agreement.doc>
File:Training Instructor Agreement.doc.

Further Information

Mail: ireland at owasp.org