[Global_education_committee] Fwd: Hacking-Lab agreement

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Tue Jul 19 06:04:04 EDT 2011

Hi GEC members,

I have previously forwarded this to the board, as I thought this is a board
and not an committee question.
Anyhow, please read (the attachment too) and let me know what you think
about it!

Hacking-Lab has been introduced to OWASP during the OWASP AppSec-US
conference in Washington DC and the Summit 2011.
The services of Hacking-Labs will be a essential backbone of the
Academy-Portal project!

Compass Security, owner of Hacking-Lab, will offer the free usage of their
services and donate previously developed OWASP TopTen training to the
Academy-Portal project. What means we would get a nice head start!

To formalise the conditions of the joint effort, Marco Di Filippo and Ivan
Buetler of Compass Security and myself have set up an 'letter of intent'.

My questions to the board:
1. can we as OWASP agree to the content of this 'letter of intent'?
2. who can sign it (currently, it has my name under is, but I am not
privileged to sign)?
3. would this be a usable example for joint effort agreements?

As Hacking-Labs also sponsors and supports the OWASP University Challenge,
an attack and defend game planed to take part for the 1st time during the
AppSec-US in September.

Could we come to an agreement and solution for points 1 and 2 before end of
July?

Cheers,
-Martin

Just wonder, as I received no response, did you have time  to look into
this?

Cheers,
-Martin