[Global_education_committee] Next meeting and thing to discus!
nishi787 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:37:41 EST 2011
It was awesome seeing you all in the Summit.
Based on the discussion we had in the Summit I have created the governance page for Education Committee. This follows the Global Conferences Committee Governance
pattern. Please review and may be we can discuss this in our next meeting, if we need to change anything and everybody agrees with this.
Thanks Martin for documenting what we discussed in the meeting. Please confirm the dates for the next meeting and update the Wiki with the agenda so that we all clearly know when to dial-in.
OWASP Education Committee
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:46:13 +0100
From: martin.knobloch at owasp.org
To: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Global_education_committee] Next meeting and thing to discus!
Those who have been to the Summit, I hope you got back okay!
To get the GEC back on track, we have thought about the following during the Summit:
The next OWASP Global Edcuation Committee meeting is scheduled for next week Wednesday. As the current schedule seams not to fit into every's agenda, I will send out a doodle (http://www.doodle.com/) to schedule the next meeting.
Points for the next meeting:
We have to define some level of obligation towards the committee. Therefore we need some rules we live by.
Please see the governance page of the Global Conference Committee as example: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Conferences_Committee_Governance
We have to redefine the tasks and assign them to the committee members.
Sandra previously was employed by the OWASP board as contact and lead towards the Academy.
Unfortunate, her contract ended without an follow-up plan. We need to discus if we want hiring someone and define the tasks of that position
Academy, University, Education:
(let me try to summarize the reason development)
There has been a lot development lately. We the Academy, who is the connection to, in my opinion, all Educational Institutions. Not solely the Academies. During the Academy meeting in January, the representatives of various Universities and other Educational Institution told us how we as OWASP can help them teaching appsec:
- it's not possible to deliver or influence the curriculum at any university
- what they need us to do is deliver a possibility where they can point their students to about appsec
What we came up with together is the OWASP Academy portal:
- a single point to access OWASP and AppSec material with a professional appearance
- the portal has the following sections:
1. Presentations, educational material, suited for a 30 minute training
2. references to online and offline challenges, inside and outside of OWASP (offline & OWASP as the WebGoat, online as various available online challenges like http://www.securityskills.nl/)
3. video material as the CBT of Nishi and the reason OWASP series created by Jerry (? I guess he is called Jerry),
4. a forum with two sections, one for teachers, one for students
5. supplying a management console where teachers can create events (selecting material and challenges he can subscribe students) and the students can put their solutions. This to make the students effort visible for the teachers to see the students have done what they had to do so the teachers can assign points for that).
_______________________________________________ Global_education_committee mailing list Global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_education_committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Global_education_committee