[Global_education_committee] [Global_conference_committee] [GPC] OWASP Marketing Plan - an Introduction

Matt Tesauro mtesauro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:18:18 EDT 2011

Actually, that is my fault.  Arvind asked if we had any competitors and I
said the closest thing I could think of was WASC - though I said they are
really just another non-profit concerned with web app sec like us.

Josh has the basically stated what I was thinking.  I suppose it was a
matter of putting the wrong label on it.  Remember, much of Arvind's
background is marketing in a commercial space so I suspect we'll find more
of these semantic issues as we work through the process.  OWASP is a funny
beast compared to your normal commercial fare.

Plus, that Google doc is a rough draft and "living" document of sorts.

HTH

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member