[Global_education_committee] GEC - Train the Trainers

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Sep 3 10:56:30 EDT 2010

Dinis et all,

The London Training financials have been posted long time ago on the event's
wiki page.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_
you_can_use_TODAY#tab=OWASP_Internals

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An4Puwz7EA41dGhjRXBOaVdzWjkzckdxM2I
xdDhjZ0E
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An4Puwz7EA41dGhjRXBOaVdzWjkzckdxM2
IxdDhjZ0E&hl=en#> &hl=en#

Thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>

19/08/2010 01:04

        To:        fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

        cc:        Sebastien Gioria <sebastien.gioria at owasp.org>, Martin
Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>, nishi787 at hotmail.com,
owasp-o2-platform at lists.owasp.org,
global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org

If there is any issue of the lack of fundings being a problem, please raise
it, and I will help to make it happen.

This is a critical project for OWASP and at this stage what is needed is
have a number of these events wordwide so that we create required,
materials, logistics, tradition and culture

Note that we are about to hire a resource specially for this task:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Request_for_Proposals/Training_Manager
please make the most use of it

Dinis Cruz

On 18 August 2010 14:08, <fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> wrote:

one way to raise funds that worked really well in London was to make the
event for OWASP members-only.

Email:  <mailto:fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

Sebastien Gioria < <mailto:sebastien.gioria at owasp.org>
sebastien.gioria at owasp.org>

18/08/2010 14:01

        To:         <mailto:fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
        cc:         <mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org> dinis.cruz at owasp.org,
Martin Knobloch < <mailto:martin.knobloch at owasp.org>
martin.knobloch at owasp.org>,  <mailto:nishi787 at hotmail.com>
nishi787 at hotmail.com

On Aug 16, 2010, at 1:31 PM, fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie wrote:

Sebastien,

we could use the same model as in the UK for a 1-day OWASP awareness and we
ask some project leaders to participate.

Nishi has done a huge amount of work building up a webpage, with powerpoint
slides, etc that we could re-use in France.

<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources
_you_can_use_TODAY>
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_
you_can_use_TODAY

the only thing is, the local chapter needs to have funds available to cover
the costs.

It's what I think we don't have here :) But I need to check, because a new
member (Gemalto) come to France Chapter

Also, a problem for french guys to spread the OWASP is we need to try to
have French speaking trainers.... I will try to ask this to some french guys
to see what they think to have a english trainings....

Email:  <mailto:fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

Sebastien Gioria < <mailto:sebastien.gioria at owasp.org>
sebastien.gioria at owasp.org>

09/08/2010 20:38

       To:         <mailto:fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
       cc:         <mailto:nishi787 at hotmail.com> nishi787 at hotmail.com,
Martin Knobloch < <mailto:martin.knobloch at owasp.org>
martin.knobloch at owasp.org>,  <mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
dinis.cruz at owasp.org

It could be interessting, as I'm get in touch with SOGETI  France to set up
the same things Dinis have done in UK.

The big question for us is to identifiy trainers and we need something to
evaluate them first.

How do you see this Fabio ?

On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:41 PM, fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie wrote:

Nishi/Sebastien

I think we could work together on this... please read below. Also, this ties
perfectly well with the new Training Manager role proposed by Dinis.

Objective: Develop a train the trainer program that will train trainers to
deliver training on OWASP related material.

Activities/Deadline:

Develop a criteria to identify and approve trainers / Q1 2009
Identify pertinent OWASP related material that will be included in the
training kit / Q2 2009. This is dependent on the education project
organizing material.
Create a training toolkit with pre-built presentation and training
materials, assessments etc. / Q3 2009
Conduct train the trainer sessions (remote or in-person) / Q4 2009
Benefits: The training kit and trained trainers will be available resources
promoting OWASP in local events worldwide.

Email:  <mailto:fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie> fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the
addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks p.l.c.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial Regulator.
Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311;
Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the
addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks p.l.c.
Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial Regulator.
Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311;
Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173

<PGP.sig>