[Global_education_committee] Fwd: Samenwerking Javaranch.com

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Fri Nov 26 04:54:43 EST 2010

All,

Some time ago, I did a security awareness workshop for students about
application security. One of the attends is involved (low in the hierarchy)
in JavaRance.com (http://www.javaranch.com/).

He was very interested (apparently I did a good job) about the subject and
forwarded to the JavaRanch top the suggestion to work together. Today, I got
his reply that the JavaRanch top is interested in OWASP and what OWASP does.
I tried to translate his email (below):

Sorry for the late response. I wast very busy and a also have been sick. Our
idea for a cooperation between OWASP and JavaRanch is received very good at
the high bosses. I propose the following, but am open for alternatives:

We fix a date on which you come along to answer questions from our
community. To generate attention we send out an email (+100.000 people) and
announce this on facebook and twitter. Further, we will announce this on our
website.

We even have found an editor who is prepared to make a couple books + PDF' s
available for free that will be raffled for those asking questions. He too
will will twitter about this and announce it on their website!

This will increase the visibility of OWASP and give OWASP a good publicity,
whereby it offers a great chance for our community to ask questions about
security and OWASP.

I am curious what you think of this.
).

Cheers,