[Global_education_committee] OWASP Secure Coding Competition
fcerullo at owasp.org
Wed Nov 24 17:11:12 EST 2010
Nice meeting you at DC! Following up our conversation about a secure coding
competition let's do a bit of brainstorm so we have a clear roadmap to
present at the Summit.
Basically the idea is:
- To organize regional competitions across Asia, EU, America, Latin America
following the same model as the one Cecil Su from OWASP used in Singapore.
- The format would be: 3 day event where teams from universities and higher
learning education institutes are asked to code an application in a secure
- The criteria for judging is based both on the functionality of the
application as well as the security aspects (ie. how many vulnerabilities
- Winners of each region will go into an international competition that
could be held at one of the major OWASP Appsec conferences.
- Commercial firms could be sponsors/judges of the competition.
- OWASP being a central part as judge panel/organizer.
I'm including Jeff Williams and the OWASP Global Education Committee in this
mail as they are very keen to engage with educational institutions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Global_education_committee