[Global_education_committee] Following up on OWASP @ Rutgers

Sandra Paiva sandra.paiva at owasp.org
Tue Nov 2 11:35:48 EDT 2010

Hi Kuai,

That is excellent news and I am, of course, available to help any way I can. Can you just let me know whether this will be done out of the NY/NJ budget and whether this chapter will be involved in the organization?

As you know, the model we are trying to implement for the OWASP Training is based on the ‘OWASP Projects and Resources you can use TODAY’ flag and aims to be free for OWASP members; to have contents that are OWASP projects focused (to promote the awareness of our Projects and the understanding of how they fit into an Enterprise's security ecosystem or in its Web Application Development Life-cycle) and to have costs supported by a mix of funding [local chapter budget, external sponsorship, trainers sponsorship (i.e. trip and/or accommodation paid by themselves) and local chapter members’ sponsorship (i.e. taking trainers in as guests)].

Would you consider to organize this event at Rutgers following the same principles?

If so, and with your permission, I will create the template for the Training as we have been doing for the other Chapters who are organizing similar events and link it to the NY/NJ Chapter’s page.

We can also have a chat on Skype (just ping me whenever you are on) but nonetheless, if you allow me, I would advance with some of the information that will be needed:

-        Do you have a defined date in March for the event?

-        Location – am I correct to assume that it will be at Rutgers University? Could you send me more precise information on the venue and directions?

-        Do you have already a plan for the Training’s agenda – what projects and subjects will be used for the presentations? Please, let me know if you would like me to help in contacting potential trainers.

-        Is there anyone from the NY/NJ that will participate on the Training as trainers? I am asking this because we are recommending that members of the Local Chapters are, as much as possible, involved in this type of events as Trainers.

Looking forward to having your thoughts!

Um abraço,

Sandra

Sandra Paiva

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Sandra_Paiva> OWASP Training Manager

From: "Beth E. Binde" < <mailto:binde at rutgers.edu> binde at rutgers.edu>
Date: October 31, 2010 7:38:59 PM EDT
To: kuai hinojosa < <mailto:kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org> kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org>
Cc: " <mailto:binde at rutgers.edu> binde at rutgers.edu" < <mailto:binde at rutgers.edu> binde at rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: Following up on OWASP @ Rutgers

I hoped to make it to OWASP on Tuesday but a crucial meeting
has been added to my schedule.  Sorry I have to cancel.

Sincere regards,

Beth

-----
Beth E. Binde, Systems Programmer

Rutgers University Office of Information Technology

96 Davidson Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA

EMAIL:  <mailto:binde at rutgers.edu> binde at rutgers.edu  VOICE: +1 732-445-5019  FAX: +1 732-445-8023

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, kuai hinojosa wrote:

Afternoon has worked in past events I have organized. Usually students/faculty/staff can take the afternoon "off" also the end of the week say a Friday has worked but it all depends on Rutgers perspective, don't know if there is a game or other local events that may be a conflict.

>From the OWASP side, March is a good month for traveling. Cheap flights and most people are free.

Kuai

On Oct 19, 2010, at 5:14 PM, "Beth E. Binde" < <mailto:binde at rutgers.edu> binde at rutgers.edu> wrote:

Is there a preference for afternoon or evening?

Or a particular day of the week?

It would be good to secure the meeting space

early.  It goes fast...

Sincere regards,

Beth

-----