[Global_education_committee] [Owasp-london] Call for venues - OWASP London training days

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Wed May 26 11:45:46 EDT 2010

Hello Paul,

Please see the enclosed file which contains a list with all the training
course attendees plus all OWASP personnel.

As the course’s registration process is already been closed and we are all
set to make the event happen, could you please confirm whether or not
everything is ok from your end?

Also, could you please let me know whether or not any supervening event has
forced you to change any of your previous answers below?

1.       Could you please tell me the number of attendees from your end you
are counting on?

[PJM] I have sent out an email and awaiting responses. I’ll let you know
rough figures on Friday (I’d expect 10-20)

2.       Could you please also tell me how many attendees from our side the
room can shelter?

[PJM] depends on the above, but the room holds 50 in total

3.       Will we have internet available to the attendees?

[PJM] No, unfortunately not

4.       Will we have laptop power points?

[PJM] no, only a limited number of power points in the room

5.       Is it possible for you to supply coffee to our attendees?

[PJM] Yes there is a rest area with a free coffee machine

6.       Is there any canteen available in where the attendees can have
lunch?

[PJM] Yes, there is a restaurant in the basement, but unfortunately
delegates will need to pay individually

7.       Is it possible to have desks rather than just chairs?

[PJM] to accommodate the numbers it will be chairs only. If there are fewer
numbers it may be possible to have a number of tables (I’d have to check)

8.       Is it possible for you to make the following items available?

8.1.  Projector,

8.2.  Flipchart and pens,

8.3.  Pens and pads of paper.

[PJM] Yes, all of these will be provided

In addition, do you already know many Lloyds’ attendees we will have? As we
are counting on having 33 OWASP attendees plus 10 OWASP staff people, I
suppose we will have to arrange the room it in forward-facing rows which
will prevent us from having desks. Is that right?

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

To: paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Cc: dinis.cruz at owasp.org; colin.watson at owasp.org; Justin Clarke;
global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org; lmrosendo at generator.pt;
rscastro at generator.pt

Hi Paulo,

I currently have 9 confirmations from people in this organisation who want
to attend. As some people are still out of office I would expect a few more,
so I would say in total between 10 and 15. As you suggest, I am tracking
these locally and have told them not to register at the owasp site.

I was at the venue yesterday and we can arrange the seating in a number
ways. To accommodate the max number of 50, we would have to arrange it in
forward-facing rows. However, the room can also have 5 moveable desks, each
seating 6 people (i.e. total 30).

I don’t know how many people you expect to register, but taking into account
the people from here then that leaves a maximum of 35 guests. Nearer the
teim, once we know final numbrs, we can work out what will be the best
desk/chair arrangement for the room. Unfortunately still no power points or
internet access I’m afraid !

Best regards

Paul

Paul Mayzes
Application Security Domain Architect | Enterprise Architecture & Design |
Group IT
Red Lion Court, 46-48 Park st London SE1 9EQ, TNT 89
Internal: 7 465 3710 | Office: 0207 232 3710 | Mobile: 07736 359557 |
Meetme: 08000320217 code: 7348353#

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or its
attachments

  _____

To: paulo.coimbra at owasp.org

Hi Paulo,

Answers in line below.

Also, how accurate are the timings on the agenda ? If some people based at
RLC are only interested in some of the sessions, will it be possible to dip
in and out as appropriate?

To: owasp-london at lists.owasp.org

Hi all,

As you may know, we are looking to put together a couple of local OWASP days
in the next couple of months (see
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_
you_can_use_TODAY for details).

What we need is venues for the training, so if any of you (or your
companies/universities etc) can provide space for this for the day, please
get in touch with me ASAP. The proposed dates are:
- April 9 (Friday)
- May 28 (Friday)

Cheers

Justin

This e-mail is private and confidential and may contain privileged material.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and
delete it immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of
the information in it or any attachments.

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland, number 95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555.

Lloyds TSB Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN.
Registered in England and Wales, number 2065. Telephone: 020 7626 1500.

Lloyds TSB Scotland plc. Registered Office: Henry Duncan House, 120 George
Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number 95237. Telephone:
0131 225 4555.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4
3RL. Registered in England and Wales, number 2299428. Telephone: 01452
372372.

Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division of Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Lloyds TSB Scotland plc and Cheltenham & Gloucester plc
are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.