[Global_education_committee] [SAMM] Voluntary/Trainer deliver the Software Assurance MaturityModel module in the forthcoming OWASP Training Course.

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Tue May 18 12:04:29 EDT 2010

David,

Thanks much! I’ve included in your user wiki page a line with your OWASP
wiki contributions. Also, it would be useful if we could make available your
email address – can I add it?

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:David_Harper

As for the materials, all fine with your intention to use the existing
presentation. However, if you change your mind and create new contents
please let us know so as to we can upload them.

Regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

MaturityModel module in the forthcoming OWASP Training Course.

Hi Paulo,

Wiki user name is David Harper
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:David_Harper

I will use the existing presentation
http://www.owasp.org/images/8/83/OWASP_OpenSAMM.ppt

Cheers,

Dave

To: paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Cc: Pravir Chandra; Justin Clarke
MaturityModel module in the forthcoming OWASP Training Course.

Hi Paulo,

I would be happy to do this – I’m based in the UK so there would be no cost
incurred.

BTW – I have been involved with SAMM since before it was donated to OWASP
and use the SAMM approach regularly to assess organizations Software
Security Assurance programs.

Cheers,

Dave

Fortify Logo for Outlook Signature

David Harper

Security Practice Director, EMEA

(w) +44 118 983 2055

(m) +44 751 528 5200

mailto:dharper at fortify.com

Fortify Software

www.fortify.com <http://www.fortify.com/>

From: "Paulo Coimbra" <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>

Date: 13 May 2010 02:19:08 BST

To: <samm at lists.owasp.org>

Cc: <global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org>

MaturityModel module in the forthcoming OWASP Training Course.

(SAMM)" <samm at lists.owasp.org>

Hope you all are well.

We are looking for a trainer to deliver the Software
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Software_Assurance_Maturity_Model>
Assurance Maturity Model module in the forthcoming OWASP Training Course to
be held in London, May, 28th.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_
you_can_use_TODAY

As you may know, this event is our first attempt to institutionalize an
OWASP training model.  In conceptual terms, we are proposing a Chapters
driven model with local Chapter organization in which the courses are free
for OWASP members, the contents are OWASP projects focused and the costs are
supported by a mix of funding i.e. local chapter budget, external
sponsorship, trainers sponsorship i.e. trip and/or accommodation paid by
themselves and local chapter members’ sponsorship i.e. taking trainers in as
guests.

That being said, if you feel comfortable enough to teach SAMM and have the
will and the spare cycles to give us a hand, please drop me a line.

Additionally, in terms of financial framework, for budget reasons we will
give preference to a voluntary/candidate currently living in the United
Kingdom and, in accordance with what is above being said, the OWASP London
Chapter will assume the flight cost and will either find an OWASP Member to
host the chosen voluntary or will pay his accommodation.

For now that’s all. I thank you for reading this long text. Please do not
hesitate and get back to me if you feel I can clarify anything less clear in
our current invitation.

I thank you in advance, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Project <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>  Manager