[Global_education_committee] OWASP Training Resources

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Tue Jun 22 13:16:46 EDT 2010

Hello Helen,

Even if I am not totally sure about what kind of info you are looking for, I
am evidently available to assist you with the China Summit Training event.
For example, if you find the template/methodology we have used in our London
Training session useful, I can set up a similar one in the China Summit wiki
page.

In addition, as for your question, all the training material has been
created mainly by the Global Education Committee using previous projects
materials. Also, a couple of presentations files were created by the
trainers. Everything we have created and used is located here
http://code.google.com/p/owasp-training/downloads/list.

So, if you find these materials useful, feel obviously free to use them as
you find best. On the contrary, if you are interested in delivering training
based on other OWASP Projects, please let us know which ones you are
interested in and we will see if both Education Committee and Project
Leaders can engage in our efforts to create the needed materials.

Please drop me a line and let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

heleng at owasp.org
516-582-4943

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

Hi Mark,

You can find more details about the London event here
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_
you_can_use_TODAY including links to all presentations, a series of videos
and a number of supporting documents (note that those pages are all based on
MediaWiki templates (i.e. easy to reuse))

Paulo Coimbra (CCed) was one of the key organizers of these events (he works
for OWASP ) and although he is currently on holiday, when he returns, he
will be able to help you with the set-up of similar event(s).

AYesterday at the conference call of the OWASP Global Education Committee
(CCed) it was agreed that this committee would be now taking a leading role
in the delivery of these type of OWASP Training courses (free for OWASP
members, funded by the Local Chapter, focused on presenting OWASP materials,
etc...), for example the Education Committee will soon start working on the
translation of the existing training materials into French (followed by
German and Portuguese (not sure which Asian language would be better for
your community Mark, but we should also support it (with your help))).

The next step is for you to set up a couple dates (two is better) so that we
can get the ball rolling.

If I may suggest, what about the 2nd week of July and the last week of
August?

The reasons why is good to book the dates, is that it really helps to focus
the efforts, and it doesn't matter if in the end the actual delivery dates
are different :)

Let us know if you need additional details or help

Dinis Cruz

On 3 June 2010 18:11, Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org> wrote:

Dinis,

Allow me to introduce Rip Torn, Wellin Zhong and Helen Gao the
organizers for the China Regional Conference being held in October of
this year.  They were interested in potentially leveraging some of the
success you had with the London training event for their conference.
Any guidance you could provide them would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
--
Mark Bristow

OWASP Global Conferences Committee Chair - http://is.gd/5MTvF