[Global_education_committee] OWASP Training Resources

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Jun 3 13:47:09 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

You can find more details about the London event here
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_you_can_use_TODAY
including
links to all presentations, a series of videos and a number of supporting
documents (note that those pages are all based on MediaWiki templates (i.e.
easy to reuse))

Paulo Coimbra (CCed) was one of the key organizers of these events (he works
for OWASP ) and although he is currently on holiday, when he returns, he
will be able to help you with the set-up of similar event(s).

AYesterday at the conference call of the OWASP Global Education Committee
(CCed) it was agreed that this committee would be now taking a leading role
in the delivery of these type of OWASP Training courses (free for OWASP
members, funded by the Local Chapter, focused on presenting OWASP materials,
etc...), for example the Education Committee will soon start working on the
translation of the existing training materials into French (followed by
German and Portuguese (not sure which Asian language would be better for
your community Mark, but we should also support it (with your help))).

The next step is for you to set up a couple dates (two is better) so that we
can get the ball rolling.

If I may suggest, what about the 2nd week of July and the last week of
August?

The reasons why is good to book the dates, is that it really helps to focus
the efforts, and it doesn't matter if in the end the actual delivery dates
are different :)

Let us know if you need additional details or help

Dinis Cruz