[Global_education_committee] Training evaluations

Nishi Kumar nishi787 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 17:32:30 EST 2010

Hi All,

Based on Sandra's feedback I have added a section to be filled by the Trainer, if the trainer wants to publish the evaluations online or not. Please let me know if we need to change anything. At one point I think we created the Training Track over all evaluation form and one for single session evaluation form. Kate emailed me a slightly modified version of single session evaluation. I am including here all three of them with updates. Are we going with Education Track version? Sandra which one did you all use for last training?

What are we doing for the existing evaluations which doesn't have these disclaimers?

Thanks
Nishi Kumar
OWASP Global Education Committee

From: sandra.paiva at owasp.org
To: nishi787 at hotmail.com; dinis.cruz at owasp.org; tomb at owasp.org
CC: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
Subject: RE: [Global_education_committee] Training evaluations
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:06:54 +0000

Hi all,

In my view, I think that if we are asking for the name of the trainer, we should make sure that the trainer himself is OK with the publishing of the evaluation.

My 2 cents.

Sandra

Sandra Paiva
OWASP Training Manager

From: dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:15:40 +0000
To: tomb at owasp.org
CC: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org

If we don't ask for name & email on the forms and put a note that we will scan them and put it online, then that should be fine.

Dinis Cruz

On 15 Dec 2010, at 13:45, Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

It was decided at the 2009 summit dc there was consensus of public reviews posted of attendees to rate the trainers delivering the training at owasp events to enable a ecosystem of quality appsec training.  So this is where this is coming from... However it would appear the speaker/trainer form is not in place nor the attendee review form at this time.   Action item for conference and education committees to collaborate on.

On Dec 15, 2010, at 7:36 AM, kuai hinojosa <kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org> wrote:

I agree with Sandra. I know where we coming from about being public and all but, probably best to keep the evaluations open to those in charge of leading the training program and the trainers themselves.

I am in favor of opening the templates or blank evaluation forms to the public so others can see the criterias or use the forms for their own OWASP training event.

Kuai

On Dec 15, 2010, at 7:03 AM, "Sandra Paiva" <sandra.paiva at owasp.org> wrote:

Hi all,

In principle, I am sympathetic with the idea of getting the evaluations publicly available and in my opinion it would make sense to include this in the Trainers database that we will work with for the OWASP Training. I think it's important, though, that everyone involved in the evaluations agrees with this methodology. With regards to the ones already done, I haven't followed the process from the beginning so I am not probably in the best position to comment.

Sandra

Sandra Paiva
OWASP Training Manager