[Global_education_committee] Training evaluations

Sandra Paiva sandra.paiva at owasp.org
Tue Dec 21 06:06:54 EST 2010

Hi all,

In my view, I think that if we are asking for the name of the trainer, we
should make sure that the trainer himself is OK with the publishing of the
evaluation.

My 2 cents.

Sandra

Sandra Paiva

 <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Sandra_Paiva> OWASP Training Manager

From: dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:15:40 +0000
To: tomb at owasp.org
CC: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org

If we don't ask for name & email on the forms and put a note that we will
scan them and put it online, then that should be fine.

Dinis Cruz

On 15 Dec 2010, at 13:45, Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

It was decided at the 2009 summit dc there was consensus of public reviews
posted of attendees to rate the trainers delivering the training at owasp
events to enable a ecosystem of quality appsec training.  So this is where
this is coming from... However it would appear the speaker/trainer form is
not in place nor the attendee review form at this time.   Action item for
conference and education committees to collaborate on.

On Dec 15, 2010, at 7:36 AM, kuai hinojosa <kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org> wrote:

I agree with Sandra. I know where we coming from about being public and all
but, probably best to keep the evaluations open to those in charge of
leading the training program and the trainers themselves.

I am in favor of opening the templates or blank evaluation forms to the
public so others can see the criterias or use the forms for their own OWASP
training event.

Kuai

On Dec 15, 2010, at 7:03 AM, "Sandra Paiva" <sandra.paiva at owasp.org> wrote:

Hi all,

In principle, I am sympathetic with the idea of getting the evaluations
publicly available and in my opinion it would make sense to include this in
the Trainers database that we will work with for the OWASP Training. I think
it's important, though, that everyone involved in the evaluations agrees
with this methodology. With regards to the ones already done, I haven't
followed the process from the beginning so I am not probably in the best
position to comment.

Sandra

Sandra Paiva

OWASP Training Manager <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Sandra_Paiva>