[Global_education_committee] ModSecurity Core Rule Set Project Status

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Aug 27 15:33:34 EDT 2010

Hello Ryan,

I´ve updated the Project Details’ tab. Please let me know whether or not you
agree with the changes and feel obviously free to modify it as you find
best. As soon as I have your agreement, I will announce through the OWASP
leaders’ mailing list that the OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set Project has
been assessed and reached Stable Quality Status.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Release_Quality_Pr
ojects

I take the opportunity to ask if you can find the spare cycles to create the
Project Flyer/Pamphlet (PDF file) referred in our assessment criteria and
needed by the Global Education Committee, being carbon copied, in its
mission of providing awareness, training and educational services.

http://globalprojectscommittee.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/what-is-this-project
-flyerpamphlet-thing/

As for other promotional actions, I propose we use the successful OWASP
Podcast Project to divulge your project. As you might know, Jim Manico leads
this effort and is being carbon copied.

Also, if you want to, I can try and find a couple of magazines to publish
something related with the project. Please let me know whether or not I
should begin seeking for hypothetical interested editors.

In addition, if you allow me, I challenge you to present your project in as
many OWASP conferences, chapters and training events as possible.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Chapter

If you accept the challenge, please let me know if you need my assistance to
contact the organizers and what else you would need – I am sure OWASP will
do its best to find these conditions for you.

For now it’s all. Please drop me a line and let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

Cc: mtesauro at gmail.com
Subject: FW: ModSecurity Core Rule Set Project Status

Paulo,
Now that we have completed the project review, what are the next steps for
promoting the project to release quality?

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_ModSecurity_Core_Rule_Set_Proj
ect_-_ModSecurity_2.0.6_-_Assessment

Thanks,
Ryan