[Global_education_committee] GEC - Train the Trainers

Nishi Kumar nishi787 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:26:17 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have updated "Train the trainers"  section from GEC site based on the discussions we had so far.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Train_the_trainers_(Teach_the_teachers)

Please let me know what else we can add here.

This time I have updated the Wiki using OWASP O2 Wiki Page Editor. Updating the Wiki is much faster using this tool. I am also including a screen shot of the tool.

Thanks
Nishi Kumar
OWASP Global Education Committee
OWASP CBT Project Lead

To: sebastien.gioria at owasp.org
CC: dinis.cruz at owasp.org; martin.knobloch at owasp.org; nishi787 at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: GEC - Train the Trainers
From: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:31:27 +0100

Sebastien,

we could use the same model as in the UK for a 1-day OWASP awareness and we ask some project leaders to participate.

Nishi has done a huge amount of work building up a webpage, with powerpoint slides, etc that we could re-use in France.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/London/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_you_can_use_TODAY

the only thing is, the local chapter needs to have funds available to cover the costs.

Fabio Cerullo
Divisional Information Security
Bankcentre D1,
Ballsbridge,
Dublin 4,
Ireland.

Tel: +353 1 772 6309
Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

Sebastien Gioria <sebastien.gioria at owasp.org>
09/08/2010 20:38

        To:        fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
        cc:        nishi787 at hotmail.com, Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>, dinis.cruz at owasp.org

It could be interessting, as I'm get in touch with SOGETI  France to set up the same things Dinis have done in UK.

The big question for us is to identifiy trainers and we need something to evaluate them first.

How do you see this Fabio ?

On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:41 PM, fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie wrote:

Nishi/Sebastien

I think we could work together on this... please read below. Also, this ties perfectly well with the new Training Manager role proposed by Dinis.

Objective: Develop a train the trainer program that will train trainers to deliver training on OWASP related material.

Activities/Deadline:

Develop a criteria to identify and approve trainers / Q1 2009
Identify pertinent OWASP related material that will be included in the training kit / Q2 2009. This is dependent on the education project organizing material.
Create a training toolkit with pre-built presentation and training materials, assessments etc. / Q3 2009
Conduct train the trainer sessions (remote or in-person) / Q4 2009
Benefits: The training kit and trained trainers will be available resources promoting OWASP in local events worldwide.

Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial Regulator.  Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173