[Global_education_committee] Meeting Notes

Nishi Kumar nishi787 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:04:38 EDT 2010


Hi All,

 

In our GEC meeting yesterday Martin, Fabio and I discussed about how we want to organize the training material so that it can be retrieved easily form one location. This is the plan:

 

1. We will create a Google code project for the training material.

2. For each training event we will create one directory. In that directory we will organize the material for all the sessions.

3. Just to get things started I am volunteering to create the Google code site. Organize the material for the event just happened in London in one folder and the another one coming up in different folder.

4. If trainer decides to change/enhance the training material in Wiki then it becomes responsibility of the trainer to update the Google code site with the latest material.

5. May be a day before the training event the training organizer downloads all the material from the google code site folder. Creates a zip. Use that to burn the CD. Also uploads the zip to the google code site.

6. GEC will provide any support needed.

 

This was the initial thought. Team members who were not able to attend the meeting please provide your feedback.

 

Thanks

Nishi Kumar

OWASP Global Education Committee

512 632 3618
 


From: kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:27:26 -0400
To: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Global_education_committee] Next meeting



Felicitations!! 


Thanks for letting us know a head of time, let's try to find a time to meet in a couple of weeks.






Team - I would like to schedule a time to meet with each of you in an effort to get back on track, understand everyone's availability and what each of you want to accomplish being an active member of this committee. It has been very difficult for all of us to meet as a committee. I understand the challenges being in different time zones, having families and  trying to make the time to invest in our community plus make some progress with the goals we had set from the beginning. However, I cannot stress how important our committee is to the community. In fact, many of you signed up for this very reason so let's get back on track and take advantage of all the great opportunities coming our way. Nishi has been doing an excellent job contributing to the training initiative that has been discussed with the London chapter, and other chapters want to follow the same steps therefore it is important we all come together and help deliver what the community needs. Most of the materials are already available in the wiki is just a matter of categorizing and archiving the materials to make it easier for people to download and use. Nishi and I had discussed a few ideas on how to do this and she has already taken the lead putting everything together.  We also need get on track with the OWASP News letter, and send updates to Lorna Alamri the project leader to include in the next news letter. We can include the training program, new universities supporting OWASP, other initiatives circulating at the local level such as NYC/NJ internship program and so on. We can also include Nishi's project and request feedback and any other items you guys think might be worth mentioning.   We also have a few great conferences coming up, we have the EU conference which we need to support advertising and perhaps see if there is any way we can participate so late at this time. There is also the AppSec USA conference coming up which will be at University of California Irvine. Lots of great opportunities for our committee!  


I will be online tonight and tomorrow evening via Skype, if anyone wants to chat let me know via email and I will ping you my skype ID otherwise please send me a time (EST) and date when we could establish a phone call. 


Hope to hear from all of you soon!!!




Kuai Hinojosa
OWASP GEC






On Apr 26, 2010, at 6:27 PM, Sebastien Gioria wrote:

Hi all,


pleas appologies for my non presence for next meeting, my daughter just come to world Monday 26th April at 7pm55. And I will pass the week with the mum and kids with a little bit of connectivity.




Thanks in advance


S.





---
Sebastien GIORIA  - sebastien.gioria at owasp.org
French OWASP Leader
GSM: +33 (0)6 23 04 00 51
_______________________________________________
Global_education_committee mailing list
Global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_education_committee

 		 	   		  
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_education_committee/attachments/20100429/13267678/attachment.html 


More information about the Global_education_committee mailing list