[Global_education_committee] [GPC] Online Committee member questionaire

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Sep 21 13:51:08 EDT 2009

Hi Committees (Education, Industry, Chapter, Projects, Membership,
Conferences )
Since I already sent the email below (by mistake) to the Eduction committee,
I might as well also send it to you guys :)

Probably it would had been nicer for this to be done directly to you, but
hey, one might as well take this opportunity to make sure you all are aware
of what we are trying to do.

Btw, if this is the first time you (Committee member) heard about this, make
sure you beat up your OWASP Board representative since we have talked
several times about this over there, and voted to move forward with this
idea :)

Check out the email thread below, which (I think) has a good view of what
the objectives of what we (the OWASP Board) are trying to do.

And making sure that I address Jason's worries*, this is not a GPC activity,
but it is an OWASP Board activity.* The only reason we are doing this via
the GPC is because, the GPC is the Committee that I am mainly involved with,
and because Matt and Paulo 'volunteered' to handle this :)

The current version of the questionnaire is here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=ckdDbXE0bkxPM3dkbDZvSmFNWVBGcnc6MA
and
please DON'T fill it in yet.

If you have any comments about this, please send them to ME (dinis) or Matt
(CCed) or your favorite OWASP Board member, i.e. don't send feedback to
Paulo :) (since he is already swamped with the conversion of OWASP Projects
into the WIKI template).

A final point I would like to make, is that although these processes of
public evaluations can be (a little bit) painful, they also represent a
great opportunity to show the world the great world we are doing at the
multiple OWASP Committees (and where necessary, to identify the areas were a
particular Committee needs help (which should encourage new Committee
members to come forward)

Looking forward to your comments, or your (silent) approval of this idea :)

Dinis Cruz