[Global_education_committee] [GPC] Online Committee member questionaire

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Sep 21 13:35:43 EDT 2009

Jason, I understand your worries, but this questionnaire and the 'public
review of OWASP leadership' performance is also very important to build a
strong OWASP community.
Remember that as the value of being associated with OWASP (as a project
leader, chapter leader, committee member or board member) grows, the more we
have to make sure that the people who can claim such leadership tag DO
deserve that tag. And if we DON'T do that, the value of OWASP leadership
gets diluted to the average of the lowest-common-denominator of those
leaders.

We (OWASP) need to do this type of review for all leadership positions. The
reason we are starting with the Committee members is because it is the
'easier' of them all (i.e. when compared to chapters, projects and board)

Once we get this review right, the next in line is the review of the
Chapter's leadership. Remember that if there are any problems raised by this
review, those problems WERE ALREADY THERE, and are time-bombs that WILL
explode in the future (by raising the problems earlier (via the
questionnaire), we hopefully defuse some of those issues and will be able to
handle them in a professional, independent and transparent way).

What I like about this 'public review' is that it allows for a transparent
analysis of what is going on, and allows OWASP to promote the great work
done by the (in this case) selected Committee individuals (one of the
outcomes that I would like to see at the end of this questionnaire is a list
of '*Outstanding work performed by Committee'* members, so that we (OWASP) *
c**an publicly thank them** (and their employers)* for their time, effort,
energy and deliverables (Jason, I expect to see you on this list :) )

We can talk about this tonight, but I really don't want to cover the WHY and
prefer to focus on the HOW.

One point I would like to stress, is that when Matt (who volunteered to take
this task) and Paulo execute this, they will do it as representatives of the
'OWASP Board' and not as GPC members.

Dinis