[Global_education_committee] mm EduCom

kuai hinojosa kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org
Thu May 7 19:35:58 EDT 2009

Team looks like I got the time mixed up again.
On May 7, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Seba wrote:

> action: agree on frequency (at least once per month: every last
> Thursday of the Month) + timing regular
> 23h-24h CET seems a good time slot for everybody
>

> action for all: update the tasks online
>
> Need for guidelines for turning slideware into training material -
> Martin is working on that and is going to put a draft online
>
> About training requests: what to do?
> idea: create a list of volunteer trainers that perform the training at
> cost (to be paid by requestor organisation) + to be proposed in order
> of 'evalution score/experience/recommendations'
> To be coordinated by EduCom

Let's coordinate a meeting with those interested  or if anyone will be
in Poland let's take some time to brainstorm.

> Brazil is developping a training portal to assess skills: ask the to
> submit as SoC09 proposal

I am planning on going to this one too ;D

> Martin to contact the CTF guy from NY to see if he is interested to
> submit a SoC09 proposal - "OWASP Challenge Framework"

I know the guy too if you have trouble contacting him and I can ping
him.

> Lots of university related actions are taking place: we should put
> these online!
> Kuai to update the status?

Yes, we have UCI and NKU joined I am still waiting on others. I am
also organizing an AppSec event for July at UCI (California) we
already have the room reserved. Now we need speakers badly. I also
pinged Cassio from SYMC and chapter leader of LA so his chapter can
participate. Anyone interested on this event please let me know we
need to get the ball rolling right away.