[Global_education_committee] Fwd: [Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: [Owasp-london] FW: Looking for someone to present to staff

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sun Mar 29 04:40:48 EDT 2009

Matt,
Can you do this?

Thx

Seba

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Subject: [Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: [Owasp-london] FW: Looking for
someone to present to staff
To: global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org,
global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org, Matteo Meucci <
matteo.meucci at owasp.org>

Chapter & Education guys,

This (see below) is the kind of event that we should be helping to organize.
It promotes OWASP and should leverage the materials created by the Education
Committee (and if necessary it can use OonM (Owasp on the Move) funds).

Seba, is the list of available OotM speakers up-to-date? Since that should
be the first port of call in these types of requests, right?

I have explored several times with Matteo (CCed) the idea of doing an 'OWASP
Testing Guide presentation tour' and maybe this could be the first one :)
Matteo, what do you think?

Dinis

*From: *Paul Dickens <paul.dickens at iop.org>
*Date: *Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:10:44 +0000
*To: *<owasp-london-owner at lists.owasp.org>
*Subject: *Looking for someone to present to staff

 Hello

I am looking for someone technical with an ability to demonstrate and
present, in layman's terms, to key staff, both technical and non
technical, the threat of hacking sites. I imagine 2 sittings. One in
Bristol and one in London, cc20 people at each.

What for? I would like to reinforce the case for testing during the SDLC
with the help of OWASP tools. What I want to do is show the audience what
can happen today. I believe there is a need to educate those who
commission sites and provide them with the understanding and appreciation
for testing. I thought of approaching the OWASP community but I do not
know who to ask. Maybe you can help?

IOP Publishing are a non profit organisation owned by a charity, the
Institute of Physics Publishing in central London. The Bristol office
provides revenue through publishing to promote physics. At the London
office they also have a conference centre (again, revenue for promoting
physics) which could be of interest. However I cannot make any promises
but will approach if the conference director if space is desirable for an
OWASP gathering. Can you please advise numbers if so. There is a link for
info http://www.76portlandplace.com/ with a rather flowery video but at
least you do get to see the conference rooms.

With regard to the individual/s reimbursements, expenses can be paid for,
I may also be able to secure something extra for consultancy too. However
if the conference space is of interest perhaps we can do something there.

Thank you for your attention, I hope you can help.

Regards

Paul Dickens
IT Security Officer
IOP Publishing
Bristol BS1 6BE UK
DDI +44(0) 117 930 1181
Facsimile+44(0) 117 920 0897

------------------------------

This email (and attachments) are confidential and intended for the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the
sender, delete any copies and do not take action in reliance on it. Any
views expressed are the author's and do not represent those of IOP, except
where specifically stated. IOP takes reasonable precautions to protect
against viruses but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising
from virus infection. For the protection of IOP's systems and staff emails
are scanned automatically.

*IOP Publishing Limited* Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England Vat No
GB 461 6000 84.