[Global_education_committee] Fwd: How to help an university become an OWASP member?

Seba seba at owasp.org
Thu Mar 19 06:04:56 EDT 2009

This is for the Membership  folks :-)

also
https://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Register/IdentityConfirmation.aspx?e=c21546cb-650b-44f4-a203-a523462b1cdcseems
to work

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie>
Date: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Subject: [Global_education_committee] How to help an university become an
OWASP member?
To: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org

hi guys,

could someone please help me as I'm trying to reach someone that could
provide me with some guidelines on how to help an university become an OWASP
member? To make the story short, I've contacted the biggest university in
Buenos Aires, Argentina and introduce OWASP to them with an introductory
mail and powerpoint presentation. I got a response straight away from them
saying that they would like to become an OWASP member/supporter.

The problem I'm having now is that they asked me on how to proceed to become
a member and besides the two requirements stated at the OWASP website I
don;t know what else to tell them/ask them to do:

   - provide meeting space 2x per year and include OWASP in the education
   awareness & curriculum to students.
   - encourage students to apply for OWASP Grants and provide a support
   structure

so the BIG question here is:

Is there anything else they need to do? like filling an application form,
providing us more info about the university, etc?

I'm a bit desperate right now as I don't want OWASP to delay a response and
give the University a "bad image".

any help is really appreciated.

thanks!

Fabio Cerullo
Divisional Information Security
Bankcentre D1,
Ballsbridge,
Dublin 4,
Ireland.

Tel: +353 1 772 6309
Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the
addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks
p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial
Regulator.  Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel:
+ 353 1 6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173