[Global_education_committee] Iberia Collaboration Project

Carlos Serrao carlos.serrao at iscte.pt
Thu Feb 12 07:17:58 EST 2009


Fabio and all,
I will forward you the message I've just sent to Arturo on this issues.


On 2009/02/12, at 12:13, fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie wrote:

>
> Hi Dinis/Paulo,
>
> I would be more than glad to help with this "Iberia Collaboration  
> Project"... as stated before at the Edu Committee I am a native  
> spanish speaker and...
>
> I know Vicente Aguilera and we could definitely organize something  
> with him in relation to OWASP @ spanish universities... I am not  
> that far from Spain and with some organization I could go and  
> deliver some talks @ universities about OWASP... We also have been  
> contacted by Christian Martorella (OWASP Webslayer project) who is  
> based in Spain planning to deliver some OWASP training @ Barcelona  
> universities... Obviously we could include Carlos Serrao from  
> Portugal in this effort and start organizing an OWASP Iberic region  
> project among all the interested parties.
>
> We could also re-use the materials developed in other regions like  
> South & Central America (Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Uruguay,  
> Venezuela, Peru, etc)
>
> For example, I know Arturo Buanzo who is strongly involved with  
> OWASP and is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina and could definitely  
> help us delivering the OWASP message in Argentina. Also, I travel  
> twice per year to my beloved country so I could use a day or two to  
> meet with people and organize some OWASP talk.
>
> I also worked with Juan Carlos Calderon from Mexico in several  
> translation efforts (OWASP Top 10, Testing Guide, Website) and we  
> have a great relationship with spanish collaborators as well... I  
> could coordinate the translation and development of our materials  
> into spanish without any problems.
>
> If you could provide me with some guidelines on how best approach  
> this EU grant I would be more than happy to coordinate this effort.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fabio Cerullo
> Divisional Information Security
> Bankcentre D1,
> Ballsbridge,
> Dublin 4,
> Ireland.
>
> Tel: +353 1 772 6309
> Email: fabio.e.cerullo at aib.ie
>
> ----- Forwarded by Fabio E Cerullo/IR/AIB on 12/02/2009 11:01 -----
> global_education_committee-request at lists.owasp.org
> Sent by: global_education_committee-bounces at lists.owasp.org
> 12/02/2009 02:44
> Please respond to global_education_committee
>
>
>         To:
>
> global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Global_education_committee Digest, Vol 4,  
> Issue 5
>
>
>
>
> Send Global_education_committee mailing list submissions to
>                 global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>                 https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_education_committee
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>                 global_education_committee-request at lists.owasp.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>                 global_education_committee-owner at lists.owasp.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Global_education_committee digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion                 of OWASP  
> in Spain
>      (dinis cruz)
>   2. Re: Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Great                 promotion of  
> OWASP in Spain
>      (kuai hinojosa)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:18:44 +0000
> From: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
> Subject: [Global_education_committee] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Great
>                 promotion                 of OWASP in Spain
> To: global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
> Message-ID:
>                 <60235a7b0902111118j10094e1cl91a835516de5b35e at mail.gmail.com 
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
> Yo Education guys
>
> As per the thread below, have there been any progress on carlos  
> 'University
> research & course development' activities?
>
> There is a thread on the Global Projects Committee which is talking  
> about
> applying for grants and we need to coordinate our efforts (specially  
> in view
> of the forthcoming  OWASP Summit of Code 2009).
>
> Who is the best person at the Education Committee to talk about this?
>
> Dinis
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
> Date: 2009/2/11
> Subject: RE: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
> To: vicente.aguilera at owasp.org
> Cc: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>, Carlos Serrao <
> carlos.j.serrao at gmail.com>
>
>
> Hi Vicente,
>
>
>
> Hope you are well and congratulations on the recent achievements.  
> Well done!
>
>
>
>
> As you can see below, Dinis has asked me to promote what he named  
> "Iberia
> collaboration" and I am doing so. With pleasure, honestly, I must  
> add, as I
> also am a persuaded supporter of this idea of Iberia identity.
>
>
>
> Thus, as I am not sure whether you had the opportunity to meet Carlos
> Serr?o, the Portuguese Chapter leader, during our Summit, please  
> allow me to
> introduce him - http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlosserrao.
>
>
>
> For your information, Carlos has been inquiring me about the  
> hypothetical
> OWASP interest in applying for a European grant (
> http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/index.phtml.en) to support OWASP activity/ 
> research
> and I've tried to involve our newly elected *Global Education
> Committee<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Education_Committee#Targets_.28DRAFT.29 
> >
> * in this discussion. To be frank, I haven't been carbon copied with
> feedback so I don't know what, if any, conclusions were reached.  
> However, I
> do know that issue really matters to both Carlos and OWASP and I am  
> putting
> it on the table to try and trigger the discussion between you both.
>
>
>
> I will be here if you think I can be of any assistance and I thank  
> your
> time to read these lines,
>
>
>
> Best regards,
>
>
>
> Paulo Coimbra,
>
> OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>
>
>
>
> *From:* dinis cruz [mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org]
> *Sent:* segunda-feira, 9 de Fevereiro de 2009 10:40
> *To:* Paulo Coimbra
> *Subject:* Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
>
>
>
> Hi Paulo
>
> can you put these guys In Spain in touch with our guys in Portugal?
>
> would be great to have some Iberia collaboration
>
> Dinis
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: *Vicente Aguilera* <vicente.aguilera at owasp.org>
> Date: 2009/2/8
> Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
> To: jeff.williams at owasp.org, owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
>
>
> Thank's Jeff!!
>
> Of course! We'll keep working hard. Now, we are starting  
> relationship with
> other associations and ISACA chapters in our country.
> Hopefully soon we get to these 1000 members! ;-)
>
> Regards,
> -- Vicente Aguilera
>
>  On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org 
> >
> wrote:
>
>  Great work!  Growing a chapter is more than just scheduling  
> meetings and
> lining up speakers.  Getting interviews, promoting OWASP, building
> community? that's how you create a massively successful chapter like  
> this.
> Thank you for all the hard work!  Keep it up.  I dare you to get to  
> 1000
> members.
>
>
>
> --Jeff
>
>
>
> *From:* owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:
> owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org] *On Behalf Of *Vicente Aguilera
> *Sent:* Saturday, February 07, 2009 6:27 AM
> *To:* OWASP Leaders
> *Subject:* [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
>
>
>
> Hello,
>
> A Spanish magazine ("RedSeguridad"), distributed throughout Spain  
> and Latin
> America, had published in its issue of January, an interview that I  
> did
> recently about OWASP and the Spanish Chapter.
>
> The PDF is here:
> https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d0/OWASP_Interview-VicenteAguilera.pdf
>
> Furthermore, as OWASP Spain Chapter Leader,  I have invited (for the  
> second
> consecutive year) to join to an important jury of a IT security  
> awards. In
> the last edition of these international awards,  was attended by  
> senior
> officials and great personalities of the Spanish government.
>
> The article on the awards can be found here:
> https://www.owasp.org/images/b/be/Trofeos_RedSeguridad_OWASP-Spain.pdf
>
> On the other hand, our chapter has 279 members and still growing...
>
> The OWASP projects are well known in Spain :-)
>
> Regards,
> -- 
> _________________________________
> Vicente Aguilera Diaz
> OWASP Spain chapter leader
> CISA, CISSP, ITIL
> CEH Instructor, ECSP Instructor, OPSA, OPST
> vicente.aguilera at owasp.org
> Homepage: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Spain
> Mailing list: http://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-spain
> PGP: 0xD21C1EF8 - D1F0 E0B5 2ACC B4B5 57CD  C427 58B7 CF0D D21C 1EF8
> _________________________________
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
>
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_education_committee/attachments/20090211/b544f071/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:41:29 -0500
> From: kuai hinojosa <kuai.hinojosa at owasp.org>
> Subject: Re: [Global_education_committee] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Great
>                 promotion of OWASP in Spain
> To: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
> Cc: "global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org"
>                 <global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org>
> Message-ID: <D5306B9C-0F91-4FA7-B917-27778B3038B2 at owasp.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> You can contact me, honestly I have not seen any emails from Vicente
> Aguilera regarding this until now.
>
> Kuai Hinojosa
> OWASP (MSP) Chapter Leader
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Minneapolis_St_Paul
> Owasp NY/NJ Metro Board member
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYNJMetro
>
> On Feb 11, 2009, at 2:18 PM, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:
>
> > Yo Education guys
> >
> > As per the thread below, have there been any progress on carlos
> > 'University research & course development' activities?
> >
> > There is a thread on the Global Projects Committee which is talking
> > about applying for grants and we need to coordinate our efforts
> > (specially in view of the forthcoming  OWASP Summit of Code 2009).
> >
> > Who is the best person at the Education Committee to talk about  
> this?
> >
> > Dinis
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
> > Date: 2009/2/11
> > Subject: RE: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
> > To: vicente.aguilera at owasp.org
> > Cc: dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>, Carlos Serrao <carlos.j.serrao at gmail.com
> > >
> >
> >
> > Hi Vicente,
> >
> >
> >
> > Hope you are well and congratulations on the recent achievements.
> > Well done!
> >
> >
> >
> > As you can see below, Dinis has asked me to promote what he named
> > "Iberia collaboration" and I am doing so. With pleasure, honestly, I
> > must add, as I also am a persuaded supporter of this idea of Iberia
> > identity.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thus, as I am not sure whether you had the opportunity to meet
> > Carlos Serr?o, the Portuguese Chapter leader, during our Summit, ple
> > ase allow me to introduce him - http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlosserrao
> > .
> >
> >
> >
> > For your information, Carlos has been inquiring me about the
> > hypothetical OWASP interest in applying for a European grant (http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/index.phtml.en
> > ) to support OWASP activity/research and I've tried to involve our
> > newly elected Global Education Committee in this discussion. To be
> > frank, I haven't been carbon copied with feedback so I don't know
> > what, if any, conclusions were reached. However, I do know that
> > issue really matters to both Carlos and OWASP and I am putting it on
> > the table to try and trigger the discussion between you both.
> >
> >
> >
> >  I will be here if you think I can be of any assistance and I thank
> > your time to read these lines,
> >
> >
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> >
> >
> > Paulo Coimbra,
> >
> > OWASP Project Manager
> >
> >
> >
> > From: dinis cruz [mailto:dinis.cruz at owasp.org]
> > Sent: segunda-feira, 9 de Fevereiro de 2009 10:40
> > To: Paulo Coimbra
> > Subject: Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Paulo
> >
> > can you put these guys In Spain in touch with our guys in Portugal?
> >
> > would be great to have some Iberia collaboration
> >
> > Dinis
> >
> > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: Vicente Aguilera <vicente.aguilera at owasp.org>
> > Date: 2009/2/8
> > Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
> > To: jeff.williams at owasp.org, owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
> >
> >
> > Thank's Jeff!!
> >
> > Of course! We'll keep working hard. Now, we are starting
> > relationship with other associations and ISACA chapters in our
> > country.
> > Hopefully soon we get to these 1000 members! ;-)
> >
> > Regards,
> > -- Vicente Aguilera
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Jeff Williams
> > <jeff.williams at owasp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Great work!  Growing a chapter is more than just scheduling meetings
> > and lining up speakers.  Getting interviews, promoting OWASP,
> > building community? that's how you create a massively successful cha
> > pter like this.  Thank you for all the hard work!  Keep it up.  I da
> > re you to get to 1000 members.
> >
> >
> >
> > --Jeff
> >
> >
> >
> > From: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org
> > ] On Behalf Of Vicente Aguilera
> > Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2009 6:27 AM
> > To: OWASP Leaders
> > Subject: [Owasp-leaders] Great promotion of OWASP in Spain
> >
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > A Spanish magazine ("RedSeguridad"), distributed throughout Spain
> > and Latin America, had published in its issue of January, an
> > interview that I did recently about OWASP and the Spanish Chapter.
> >
> > The PDF is here:
> > https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d0/OWASP_Interview- 
> VicenteAguilera.pdf
> >
> > Furthermore, as OWASP Spain Chapter Leader,  I have invited (for the
> > second consecutive year) to join to an important jury of a IT
> > security awards. In the last edition of these international awards,
> > was attended by senior officials and great personalities of the
> > Spanish government.
> >
> > The article on the awards can be found here:
> > https://www.owasp.org/images/b/be/Trofeos_RedSeguridad_OWASP-Spain.pdf
> >
> > On the other hand, our chapter has 279 members and still growing...
> >
> > The OWASP projects are well known in Spain :-)
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > _________________________________
> > Vicente Aguilera Diaz
> > OWASP Spain chapter leader
> > CISA, CISSP, ITIL
> > CEH Instructor, ECSP Instructor, OPSA, OPST
> > vicente.aguilera at owasp.org
> > Homepage: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Spain
> > Mailing list: http://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-spain
> > PGP: 0xD21C1EF8 - D1F0 E0B5 2ACC B4B5 57CD  C427 58B7 CF0D D21C 1EF8
> > _________________________________
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> > OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> >
> > https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> > OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> > https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Global_education_committee mailing list
> > Global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
> > https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_education_committee
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_education_committee/attachments/20090211/ac414d2f/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Global_education_committee mailing list
> Global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_education_committee
>
>
> End of Global_education_committee Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5
> ********************************************************
> ******************************************************
> This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by  
> the addressee unless otherwise indicated.
>
> This email has been scanned by an external email security system.
>
> Allied Irish Banks
>
> AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish  
> Banks p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the  
> Financial Regulator.  Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge,  
> Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered  
> No. 24173
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
> ******************************************************
> _______________________________________________
> Global_education_committee mailing list
> Global_education_committee at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/global_education_committee

Cumprimentos / Best regards,

Carlos Serrão, Ph.D., M.Sc.: ISCTE/DCTI Assistant Professor | NetMuST/ 
Adetti Researcher - website - blog - allofads.com
contacts | carlos.serrao at iscte.pt, carlos.j.serrao at gmail.com skype |  
pontocom msn | pontocom73 at hotmail.com | linkedin

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_education_committee/attachments/20090212/bc52871e/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Global_education_committee mailing list