[Global_conference_committee] [VOTE] 2012 Committee Goals

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Mon Oct 17 15:24:40 EDT 2011

Ok so final vote was:
Mark Bristow - Approve
John Wilander - Approve
Lucas Ferreira - Approve
Richard Greenberg - Approve
Ralph Durkee - Approve
Cassio Goldschmidt - Approve
Mohd Fazli Azran - Approve

Sarah, can you please post on the wiki and update?

=================================
2012 Global Conferences Committee Goals

Conduct events to support the OWASP mission around the world
- Conduct 4 Global AppSec, 10 Regional and 15 Local events,
- Hold an OWASP Summit in 2013 with over 250 attendees
- Support Loss-Leader events in North America, South America, Asia, Europe

Generate $250000 in profits from events.

Support the OWASP mission at non-owasp events
- 25 Promotional events
- 2 Developer event outreach
- Booth in a box program

Provide better support for OWASP event planners
- Centralized providers for Video, Equipment Rental, Online messaging,
Website Hosting
- Central feedback on speakers, events & training
- Professional Marketing + lead generation
- Graphics design
- Con-Network in a box

Recruit regional participation in the committee
- Desired committee composition at least 1 US, 1 EU, 1 LATAM, 1 Asiapac
- Strengthen participation requirements in governance (meeting
attendance 75%), Liiasion requirement