[Global_conference_committee] Request for Sarah to Support AppSec LATAM

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Fri Jul 15 15:43:42 EDT 2011

GCC,

Please see request below.  The AppSecLATAM planners are requesting that the
GCC support 50% of Sarah's travel to AppSec LATAM in order to support their
event.  The Chapters Committee is planning on picking up the other half of
the travel to allow Sarah to support some Chapters meetings while there.
 Based on the projected needs, we should have money in the GCC Liasion
travel budget to cover this.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think we should support this.  Furthermore I would like to see
OWASP hire a dedicated conference resource, with travel budget and reporting
to the GCC, to provide more direct support for events.

-Mark