[Global_conference_committee] GCC OWASP GCC 2011 Plan

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Dec 20 18:49:12 EST 2010

Mark, the logic is actually that everybody is free to use our Logo/brand and
not have to ask permission to do so., As long as they stick with the brand
guidelines, it's all good

Our past strategy has been to only deal with the abuses, and so far, they
have been very few.

We want our brand to be used AS MUCH AS possible. Any potential abuses are
more that compensated by the empowerment that our community has when they
don't have to ask permission and are free to execute their ideas

Dinis Cruz

On 20 Dec 2010, at 23:02, Mark Bristow <mark.bristow at owasp.org> wrote:

Ralph,

I'd argue that this is covered under this board policy:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules

What we don't want is events/conferences using the OWASP logo/name without
permission.  Using the OWASP logo without permission has been a somewhat
significant issue in the past.

--
Mark Bristow
(703) 596-5175