[Global_conference_committee] FW: Questions about OWASP support to local chapters

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Mon Dec 20 09:38:09 EST 2010

This is why it's important for the GCC to stay involved.  As I recall, we
asked several times for a completed Budget tool from China and never got
one.  Yet another example why the GCC needs more "sticks" (and more
"Carrots").

That said I think outreach in China is an important growth market for AppSec
in general as well as OWASP and losses incurred in pursuit of the mission
IMO is not a negative.  I would however liked some additional insights into
the budget so we could know this was coming.

I'm not entirely clear on the purpose/process for obtaining the $2500 funds
or if there are any requirements for it's use.  Perhaps Dinis can clarify as
I believe he was it's champion.

I do agree tho that we are in a terrible situation of having to work
retroactively instead of proactively.

--
Mark Bristow
(703) 596-5175