[Global_conference_committee] Amendments to the recently approved GCC Governance Document (was: vote thread)

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Sun Dec 19 20:04:35 EST 2010

I am for having a distinct name for the Tier 1 Conferences so they are
easily identified.  At first, trying to limit the use of AppSec seemed like
a good strategy, but it messes up existing branding and is basically
un-enforceable.  Starting with a new term "Global AppSec" fills the bill for
me if we limit it to the events I described.  And I think it will be easier
to enforce a "new" term.  This will also be important for "Global
Sponsorships".

Re the GCC Compliance check.  They way I would like it to work is, not only
do you get no Foundation support if you do not clear with us first, but your
in violation of OWASP branding rules.  I think it's important that the GCC
discuss applications for Global AppSec and Regional events and
approve/move/deny them as appropriate (funds, linup to mission ect).  For
local events, I think a "default permit" policy is more appropriate where
the GCC has a limited opportunity window (say a week) to object otherwise it
goes forward.

mark.bristow at owasp.org