[Global_conference_committee] Amendments to the recently approved GCC Governance Document (was: vote thread)

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Sun Dec 19 19:54:01 EST 2010

Not sure I understand, Mark. Are you for or against future regional AppSecs?
:)

If we allow for new regional AppSecs I'd love to make that our way to
enforce GCC compliance. If you make contact with the GCC only a month before
your event, skip the event system, do local money transfers, don't accept
OWASP's global sponsors, or don't have an OWASP booth ... you cannot call
yourself OWASP AppSec.

I understand that there might be confusion regarding the AppSec name. But I
think the addition of "Global" was intended to solve that. If we truly
believe that "Global" won't do the trick I think we should have the same
rules for all, regardless of history.

(Dinis, you were cut out of the loop. Don't know why. Added you back in.)

   /John