[Global_conference_committee] Questions about OWASP support to local chapters

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Thu Dec 16 13:23:05 EST 2010

Well, the question of how the finances were managed still remains unanswered.  Was a company hired to manage the funds?  Were they run through Rip’s bank account?

Also, as mentioned, we can definitely provide reimbursement for a local chapter (as indicated below) but we need to understand what this is for?  We would need receipts, bills, agreed upon contracts, etc.

Based on what you’ve given me so far, expenses for the conference were:  $41,081 and revenue was $31,480.  These numbers you’ve given me also include what appears to be a personal sponsorship by Rip.

This would indicate there was a $10K loss for the Summit.

So, my question of how these finances were managed really comes to play.  To whom would the foundation issue a payment and what would it be for?  Are there outstanding invoices?

Really, the support to local chapters is different than support for a conference or summit.  I really need to understand what the $2500 request is for.

I have included the Global conference committee on this thread so they can provide input as well.  Thank you.

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org