[Global_conference_committee] GCC VOTE: GCC 2011 Plan

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Mon Dec 13 13:26:51 EST 2010

Sorry, I missed all the stuff on encouraging themes, your right.  I will
submit for re-vote

RE:

   - Requires Board Vote (*This sweems a little out of place, I would assume
      the whole goverance would go to the board)*

Only the Board can provide this authority per the By-Laws

RE:

   - All OWASP Branded events MUST use conference mgmt system to use brand
   (must be enforced) Local chapter events use the brand, I don't think we
   can or should state this so broadly)
      - See initiatives *( I think we want to hold out on the MUST for this
      until we have shown we have a good process)*

Local events should also have to do this.  It enforces brand control and
gives us visibility into what's going on.  The idea is that local events
will not require our approval, simply give us oppertunity to not-concurr

I agree we need this system in place ASAP.  But remember, this is the plan,
not all is immediate.

   -

--
Mark Bristow