[Global_conference_committee] [Global_membership_committee] Honorary Memberships - Vote Scheduled for 12/21 @ Membership Meeting

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Sun Dec 12 16:35:49 EST 2010

<inject>

I actually was talking to Jason Li and Dinis about this at AppSec BR.  We
were thinking that we could develop a "OWASP Points" System that assigns
points to people based on the OWASP Activities they do.  Ultimately We'd
might work out member "levels" or some benefits to add to this, but i
digress.

You all would set "global" point values for things like, being a committee
member, committee chair, board member, and other general member stuff.  The
thought would be each committee would assign the point values
for their respective AORs but it would be a Membership
Committee initiative (see how I volunteered you?).  Committee Chairs would
have to report in points say, quarterly and they would be assigned on
completion of the activity.

As an Example for the GCC we do something like (point values are nominal,
we'd have to get together and normalize them):

   - OWASP Conference (Core) Organizer: 50 Pts
   - OWASP Conference Planning Committee Members: 20 Pts
   - OWASP Conference Voluenteer: 10 Pts
   - Attend an OWASP Conference: 5pts
   - Attend OWASP Training Class: 5pts
   - Host an OWASP Event: 10 Pts

Projects would then do something similar for their stuff (take a project to
alpha release, lead a project, submit code .... whatever they want)

Industry, Connections, Education, Chapters and so on.

This serves 2 functions.  You would be able to show off how many OWASP
points you'e earned..... and for employers, employees,
having substantial OWASP points could be a reason to get a raise, job et
all.

OFC, you'd have to be a individual member of the organization for any of
this to be tracked.

</inject>

--
Mark Bristow