[Global_chapter_committee] Adding Leader to Khartoum

Ivy ivy at owasp.org.cn
Fri Sep 21 02:15:41 UTC 2012

My suggestions:
 1. Current leader send application of adding a new leader to Chapter Committee. This is to prove that current leader welcome and aprrove the joing of the new leader. Welcome from current leader is the foundation of good cooperation within a Chapter.

 2. Chapter Committee approve or auto-approve the application.  This is to prove that the new leader is recognized by OWASP and can be listed to leaders mailing list.

    Ivy

  From:  "Josh Sokol"<josh.sokol at owasp.org>;
 Date:  Fri, Sep 21, 2012 10:04 AM
 To:  "Kate Hartmann"<kate.hartmann at owasp.org>;
 Cc:  "global_chapter_committee"<global_chapter_committee at lists.owasp.org>;
 Subject:  Re: [Global_chapter_committee] Adding Leader to Khartoum

To my knowledge no approval is necessary if the current leadership is simply adding another leader to the team. Only if this is a new leader to the chapter without current leadership in place. Committee, feel free to speak up if you feel differently, but I think we can auto-approve this type of activity going forward. Thanks Kate!

~josh

 On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org> wrote:
     Please confirm the addition of Ali Abdel Rahman as a leader for the Khartoum Chapter.

 His request is copied below:

  Dear Sir/Madam,

 My Name is Ali Abdel Rahman a Web Developer by day but a security enthusiast at night. I have been attending the OWASP Khartoum sessions since day one and it has completely affected the way I approach web development. The sessions currently held by OWASP Khartoum focus on the OWASP Top 10 web application vulnerabilities list focusing on both theoretical concepts and technical demonstrations using vulnerability assessment tools and I have to say that I completely changed the way I approached the way I develop applications and I started to do some studying on information security on my free time.

 As for my technical background, I have 2 years of experience in desktop and web application development mainly in .NET and Java, developing applications for telecom providers and Line-Of-Business applications. I have a BSc. in Computer Science from the University Of Nottingham and several technical applications including MCTS and ITIL foundation.

 I have discussed with both the founders of the OWASP Khartoum Chapter to join them as a Chapter Leader and they both welcomed and approved it.
 Yours sincerely,
 Ali Abdel Rahman

 Kate Hartmann
 +1 301-275-9403