[Global_chapter_committee] [GPC-Mailbox] Re: VOTE PLEASE: Funding for two Open Source Expo Participants at AppSec USA

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Wed Sep 19 22:10:22 UTC 2012

Actually, just a correction on turnaround time.

Samantha emailed both the Projects Committee and Confernces Committee about
this over a month ago (August 16th to be exact) and then again on August
31st.  To be fair, the email to the conferences committee was held for
moderation and the committee did not see the email until the 31st at which
time only Mark responded that the OWASP Track money was not for this
purpose.  As for the Projects committee, Justin Searle responded on the
17th, but with an inconclusive answer (and more questions for the committee
on last year's process).

I don't think that is a very reasonable response time and while I
understand that their are pending questions about one of the projects - it
would have been nice for Samantha (who has been working hard on the Open
Source Showcase) to have a more timely response.  Kate and I have both been
trying to socialize this through other funding sources this week especially
based on the lack of response in Sam's attempts on both the 16th and 31st
of August.

-Sarah

--
Director