[Global_chapter_committee] FW: OWASP Merchandise request

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Oct 12 22:44:34 UTC 2012

The purpose of the Chapter Committee funds are to benefit the chapter and
chapter meetings.  Not to provide promotion at conferences.  This
conference also directly conflicts with the OWASP AppSec USA 2012
Conference.  If they want to spend their chapter funds on it, that's fine,
but I don't think the Chapter Committee should be funding any portion of
this.

I think they should be submitting this as a request for support on a
non-OWASP Conference via OCMS (sounds like it already is).  I believe that
the Conference Committee has funds to support these efforts.

~josh