[Global_chapter_committee] Fwd: Chapter Restart for Jordan

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Wed May 23 14:20:48 UTC 2012

Chapters committee members-
Can I get an ok to go forward with this chapter restart in Jordan?

Thanks,
Sarah Baso

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* "Ala'a Mubaied" <alaamub at yahoo-inc.com>
*Date:* May 23, 2012 5:19:26 AM CDT
*To:* Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org>
*Cc:* Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>
*Subject:* *Re: Chapter Restart for Jordan*

Hi Sarah

Thanks for your quick reply.

   1. a brief statement about yourself & your background (or resume if it
   is easier) - kindly find my resume in the attachment .
   2. a short explanation of why you want to start a chapter in Jordanor
   become a chapter leader – Jordan is a competitive area, there is a lack
   of application and web security awareness here, basically, I wanted to
   leverage my experience and knowledge in the security field to benefit
   others who may have the interest to learn and understand web & application
   security, meanwhile, currently, I'm studying a masters degree in
   information system security and digital crimes in a PSUT university in
   Jordan, a university which is very well known with their supports for such
   topics in the region and they can help us out too much for arranging and
   scheduling conferences.
   3. written acknowledgement that you have read and agree to the terms of
   the Chapter Handbook:
   https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Leader_Handbook

   - I acknowledge that I have received, read, and understand the content
   of *Chapter Handbook: *
   https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Leader_Handbook

Thanks
Alaa

From: Sarah Baso <sarah.baso at owasp.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:43:35 +0100
To: Alaa Mubaied <alaamub at yahoo-inc.com>
Cc: Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>
Subject: Chapter Restart for Jordan

Hi Alaa -

Thanks for your inquiry regarding the restart of the OWASP Jordan Chapter.
The process to lead a chapter for restart is similar to applying to start a
chapter: we will will need from you 1) a brief statement about yourself &
your background (or resume if it is easier), 2) a short explanation of why
you want to start a chapter in Jordanor become a chapter leader and 3)
written acknowledgement that you have read and agree to the terms of the
Chapter Handbook:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Leader_Handbook (Chapter
2 is the most critical since it contains the mandatory rules for all
chapter leaders).

Regards,
Sarah Baso

--
OWASP Operational Support:
Conference Logistics & Community Relations

Dir: 312-869-2779
skype: sarah.baso