[Global_chapter_committee] Chapters Committee Meeting - questions

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Mar 20 14:03:08 UTC 2012

I believe you and Kate had already asked the first question.  It was only
meant to address which Committee policies applied to which types of events
(in the event that they conflicted).  In other words, if there's any
question about how a Chapter Meeting should be handled, it comes to us, not
the Conference Committee.

The second bullet isn't totally black and white and we do currently have
this situation with a couple of Chapters we are looking at recovering money
from.  A chapter with $5,000 that becomes inactive would fit the model of
"stale funds" in my opinion.  We can't just wait for that chapter to one
day become active again, but we can certainly use our judgement to hold off
if we think there is another leader waiting in the wings.  It seems like
getting the money back would be a matter of how long it's been and has the
money been reallocated.  The goal here is not to punish inactive chapters,
but to reclaim unused funds so they can be used to further OWASP's mission.

~josh